Pages

[--------------]

14.3.11



If I tell you to not put your iphone next to your head, it isn’t my suggestion. It is actually stated in the iphone manual.

How did I get to know that? Like most people, I too never really throughly read the manual book, except to know how to activate my gadget and anything in regards to that. Nothing deep. Fine prints? Ok agree and understood. Really? No, I don't really understand. But I do have to agree. What's the choice?

But two days ago...
I was bored in a car photo shoot (in case you haven’t been to any, it means 8 hours of taking hundreds shots of a car that’s gonna be on a print ad that you won’t read for more than a minute)

My mom called, told stories about her new friends, a 70-something years old couple travelling around Europe and Asia. So, I talked for about 45 mins with my mom. Around the 30th minute, I felt a spasm inside my head. But we were in a good mood and the talk ended 15 min later.
By that time, my iphone was moderately hot and a sense of nuisance was budding from the upper side of my left ear.

Of course, I’ve heard about potential harmful effect of the cell phone antennae’s radiation, but it’s either I ignored it or figured it was some sort of technological paranoia. One way or another, I always swished it off.

Until that unexpected nuisance.

So, I begun to search anything related to the [i]phone’s antennae effect when I bumped into this blog talking about the RF radiation and mentioned that it is suggested in the iphone manual that we should keep iphone 5/8 inch away from our body.
Now it gets me serious.
Later on, I dag out my iphone manual, turned every page and here’s what I read on the page 7:

iPhone’s SAR measurement may exceed the FCC exposure guidelines for
body-worn operation if positioned less than 15 mm (5/8 inch) from the
body (e.g., when carrying iPhone in your pocket).

For optimal mobile device performance and to be sure that human
exposure to RF energy does not exceed the FCC, IC, and European Union
guidelines, always follow these instructions and precautions: When on a
call using the built-in audio receiver in iPhone, hold iPhone with the dock
connector pointed down toward your shoulder to increase separation
from the antenna. When using iPhone near your body for voice calls
or for wireless data transmission over a cellular network, keep iPhone
at least 15 mm (5/8 inch) away from the body, and only use carrying cases,
belt clips, or holders that do not have metal parts and that maintain at
least 15 mm (5/8 inch) separation between iPhone and the body.


I stared at the words. This is what concerns me: Apple knows something. They know enough to put this consideration (carefully crafted until legally accepted into a state of mitigating.)
I couldn’t help but imagined if a worst case scenario happened, all the liabilities would be easily shifted as Apple had gently suggested us.

So, now what?
Off course, we can start ignoring how weird we will look holding the iphone this far 5/8 inch or this far: [--------------] away from our head, talking on speaker or with a headset as a precaution.
But do bear in mind that the radiation also presents even when we’re not on a call.

In my case, now my iphone is officially moved from my jeans pocket to my –black hole- bag, am going back to a clock alarm, avoiding my iphone anywhere near the bed and…sharing this with you.

further reading

1 comment :

Manique said...

That's.. wow.. thank you for sharing sweety! I am so telling this to Made & my dad & anyone else with an iPhone. Thanks again!!! Aaaand I am now proceeding with reading your blog :)

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |