Pages

For those painful 9 months and years of love, struggles, hardwork and tears...here's A DAY for you.

12.8.12

Today is Mother's Day in Thailand and thanks to Facebook, Twitter and any other social media now children can flaunt their love to mom though cliche and banal "I love you Mother" status, pictures and so on.


Well, actually I appreciate every good day celebrated for a good reason, like the Mother's Day that was initially created by Ann Jarvis to help reunite the mothers whose sons were killed on American Civil War. Although the core is still about mothers, but I guess Mother's Day has developed if not shifted to many ways. 


Like every other people, I am too happy to see mothers happy. I love my mom beyond words and believe me, although it may not seem so, but I try my best to make my mom happy. 
But what makes my mom happy? That's a long story, I have my research, which is a long digging on how she's raised me and how she was raised. My mom's happiness is simple. She just needs to know that what she had fight for, what she had sacrificed, are worth half of her life time. 
What my mom had fight for are of course the family, the children: my siblings and I. What she had sacrificed are her happiness, herself and anything related to put herself first. 

I guess my mom is not that much different from many other moms out there. 

So, I seriously think that my mom doesn't deserve one day. She deserve my everyday. I am not suggesting us to celebrate mothers' day everyday. No. No. NO. It's just I think they deserve to keep being mothers to their children even after they've successfully raised the children to be independent. Sometimes, we forget that we are here because of our mothers. No matter how different the way we think and our mothers's way, they made us with all their hearts. 
And what makes us think that that their opinions are not worth listened, for example? Of course, mothers are not always right, but their intentions to their children are never wrong. 
My boyfriend told me that I was always looking for trouble by asking my mom's POVs all the time. 

True, mostly I don't listen or follow her advices, because they are SO UNBELIEVABLY DIFFERENT from mine and don't apply to my condition. Of course, our courses are so different. But I just like to involve my mom in big steps of my life. It's just I want her to know that I do think of her and I never stop to acknowledge what she has done for me. When I was a kid, whatever I did, I needed my mom to agree on it, well, mostly she didn't and I still did it anyway. But she too, thankfully, never gave up forcing her views on me. 

So, that's her simple happiness. To know that she can stay being my mother. A job she's been doing for the half of her life and she doesn't know how to stop. 
Well, taking mothers to best restaurants, buying flowers or pampering them on this mothers' day surely make mothers happy, but just don't forget to call her tomorrow, the next day and on the day you're thinking of changing jobs, maybe?

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers out there. 



No comments :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |