Pages

One fine day

19.1.13

What makes a Saturday special?
Waking up to mint-fresh kisses, having a light healthy brunch and kayaking. 

You know those sweet newlywed days? I hope they will never fade.
I was a bit sulky this morning. Maybe the rainy and cloudy Jakarta weather reached me.
So my husband put his best effort to bring the sun close to me.
He made a brunch from whatever available in our refrigerator.

I rolled over from the bed, showered and I smelled something good.


On our dining table I saw my sweaty chef smiling proudly, presenting his signature dishes:
Garlic Butter Eryngii and Onion Omelette.
I felt energized, so I took over the domestic duty and let my husband nap while I was doing the laundry.
Never underestimate the power of a great meal and a power nap. We both were happier and we decided to drive to a Water Sport Park that was recommended by a friend.
The park is awesome, for only 1 US$ we get a whole-year membership that allows us to do different water sports like sailing, kayaking or jet-skiing. Sailing would be really cool, but we missed the class, so we had to settle with the one that we are familiar with: kayaking.
Kayaking in the city? I couldn't ask for more than that.

I love being married! Thank you Piwat for your effort. 


Piwat's Garlic Butter Eryngii


Kayaking

And here's a little secret to happiness; Piwat's Garlic Butter Eryngii recipe.
a bunch of Eryngii (about a dozen of small Eryngii)
5 garlic or 1/4 bulb (chopped)
3 green chili
1 tbsp butter
a pinch of garlic salt.

Cut the Eryngii vertically then toss to the heated skillet. Stir until a bit brownish and dry.
Sprinkle salt around Eryngii.  Put the fried Eryngii a bit to the side of the skillet. 
Melt the butter on the other side. Toss the garlic and chili in, stir until it's fragrant.
Saute all garlic and Eryngii together. Dish out.





2 comments :

bubu said...

i wish you lots and loads more of these fine days murski dear :)

irvine said...

thank you bubu dearest! wishing you the same too sayang, but who wouldn't have fine days when Max is around? *miss that lil bakpao somuds!

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |