Pages

you and me and the world at large

7.7.13


at Seine River


After being away from our home for three weeks, I begin to believe that every couple, whether they are married or not, should go traveling to new places at least once a year. I've traveled alone, I've traveled with my family and friends, and I've traveled with Piwat. And for me, the best way to travel is to travel with someone who's always near in presence with us (that means we are comfortable enough to stay close to that person.) I'll tell why.





So, if you love someone, ask her or him to go on a trip with you. It works better than any material things you can spend on them.

From what I experience, the best part of traveling is the actual traveling itself; when we finally witness and experience everything we've heard about, we've seen, we've read, or we've always imagined.
When we experience something for the first time, it's always a humbling experience, if not enlightenment. Sometimes, it could feel like a flow of overwhelming emotion.
Like when Piwat and I were basking into the romantic sunset along the Seine river, for the first time for example. It's so strange because I was at the scene of the movie that has been stuck in my mind for a long time. Piwat and I were walking on the same riverside with Jesse and Celine (from Before Sunset). I was so mesmerized, and I lost words to explain the feeling. So, I kept on looking at Piwat and held his hand tight. I just couldn't imagine if I had to be in that very place on my own. I wouldn't be able to bear all the overwhelming feeling. I would probably cry in silent while eating my croissant.

Traveling also works as a test of our compatibility. Paris is beautiful, but it's also a strange place. There are hundred thousand of people, it's a melting pot, and you'll see different kind of people, the true Parisian, the opportunists, the French (from other regions), the hippies, etc. I mean it's a big city, we know what's the protocol. The good thing about being away from our territory is that we HAVE TO adapt quickly, think faster while not forgetting to enjoy the new things. There are many things to discuss and decide, in which two compatible heads can make a better judgment.
I love to think of traveling as a chance to upgrade our capability as a human being because there are tests to pass. If we passed, it would be a wonderful experience. If we failed, it would be a funny story to share. So, it's like being in school without the school. And just like what it was back in school, a great friend makes school a bearable and sometimes an unforgettable experience.  Collective moments between us and our travel companion bring us closer.

I feel like when a couple (it could be you and your mom, you and your best friend, you and your cousin, you and your spouse or anyone that you are comfortable with) travel together, the experience is heightened and enriched. Because we double the bravery, lessen the fear and carry the wonderment together.

No comments :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |